Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Wow this is the MW2 hacker We have all herd about I think!

Discussion in 'Gaming general' started by Jok3r, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. Jok3r

Jok3r MC-Admin/Summoner Member

An interesting little tidbit coming out of Microsoft today, with news that the Redmond outfit has offered a job to a young Irish boy who came to their attention though a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 phishing scam.

The 14 year old who’s not been named has been given the opportunity by Microsoft to turn his back on more nefarious uses for his talent, according to Hacker News.

Microsoft is reported to be working with the 14-year-old Irish hacker who managed to stir up a little trouble with his Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 phishing scam alert. According to the managing director of Microsoft of Ireland, the company is helping the hacker “develop his talent for legitimate purposes.”

This move has obviously caused many to wonder why Sony didn’t take a similar stance over the infamous George Hotz affair.

For those not up to speed on the matter, Hotz was taken to court by Sony over his PlayStation 3 hacking exploits. After much media speculation and legal wrangling, the pair finally settled out of court, but could it all have been avoided? Even at the time many suggested Sony should have taken George Hotz onboard to use his undoubted talent instead of taking him to task. Perhaps they could have avoided the PSN hacking debacle?

The problem with offering hackers well paid jobs at massive companies poses its own problems though – should we be rewarding hackers and even encouraging them by dangling a job on a stick?

View this on Redmond Pie with pictures!
    http://www.redmondpie.com/14-year-o...-call-of-duty-server.-sony-are-you-listening/
  2. dns

dns Active Member Admin

Also another thing to consider is the fact that if they ever piss him off he has access to even more information and resources inside their company than he did before. Also if he is there to set up or prepare security features of any sort he can divulge or exploit it in the snap of a finger. +1 Hackers [xat]y[/xat]
  3. vettacossx-alpha

vettacossx-alpha Midnight Mage Member

read my mind bro lol :ninja:
  4. Slybilly

Slybilly New Member Member

dude i wish i could get a job for hacking all i get is hate mail
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.