Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

What Brought You To This Community?

Discussion in 'Forum Chatter' started by That One Guy, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. That One Guy

That One Guy Junior Member Member

Well dns and I thought up something that might bring up some conversations.

We'd like for you to tell us what brought you to this community and how you got here! It could be few sentences or a really long paragraph. I'm sure it will be read, and not only will you express yourself, but you will let other people know who you are! It will really help bring up conversations between each other and overall communicate.

I will post my story tomorrow due to it being 1:00am. xD
  2. dns

dns Active Member Admin

This is why me (and NewHax) are here.

It all truly started for me once I got in trouble with the Law and was stuck living with my brother for a while. He still had a Wii that I had already modded for him about 3 years ago. I had ads on CraigsList soft-modding Wii's for $50 for a while around the same time. During my free time while everyone was at work and I was online job-hunting, I got bored and found playing COD:MWR as a decent way to kill time and have some decent fun. I eventually started noticing an increasing amount of people hacking and completely raping me and my teams, and began to get frustrated. So in order to keep things fair, I began using codes I found online and on the homebrew cheat manager app. Just enough to make it fair really, because I only really liked quickscoping with the M40A3 Acog, and using alot of hacks would have taken the skill challenge aspect from it and rendered the game completely boring for me.

Once Black Ops came out, I started playing it 100% legit hoping that the hacks and hackers would not reach it as quickly or badly as they did MWR. I played legit and even started my own clan because I seen how many clans there were and I was tired of joining randoms who don't work together just to get devastated by clan teams. Within 1 month my clan "TCD" had over 50 members and growing quickly. I decided to take it to the next level and entered our team into "GameBattles".

Now, don't get me wrong. I like the concept and everything of GameBattles, but as far as Wii COD clan teams go, it's a complete joke. Almost every team on the bracket use hacks of some sort, and NONE will admit to it. My clan went completely undefeated in public matches for almost 2 months straight. We had some of the best players there were to find online. But as soon as we started playing GB matches, we got slaughtered every time. No contest. Pwned. Now this just so happened to be about 3-4 months after Black Ops had came out, just in time for hacks to be spreading widely.

This caused my plans to deviate dramatically. All of the morals and ethics I had built my clan upon were shattered in my own mind. I vowed to get even somehow and stand up and do something about it. So I decided I would start using my own Black Ops hacks with my clan to do so. But, all of the members I had preached to for almost 4 months about being legit and true players, would not go along with it. They frowned upon the idea to the utmost and said they wouldn't do it. So I appointed another player to take control of the group, and I went my separate way. The clan eventually fell apart without me.

In the meantime, I was finding what I could use to hack Black Ops. I come to find that people were very greedy with good codes, yet they were out there, and only in select groups of friends. I first landed upon CodeLeakers when searching for good codes through google, and ended up writing to Aids (Owner of CodeLeakers) about the issues I was having. We ended up becoming good friends, and both decided to buy a USB Gecko at the same time and see what we could make for ourselves and to share with the community.

After receiving our Gecko's, we both started learning the in's and out's of the Wii coding structure and 'dvars'. He made a couple of codes, and I made one myself, a "Infinite Everything" code. I had been using the WiiRd forum alot for learning and research purposes, and ran into Hetoan2's name and recognized it from codes I had used on MWR. I messaged him and told him what was going on with me, showed him the code I had made, and he decided to make me a hacker on the WiiRd forum and on his website.

Around this time, I finally found work and began to lose the amount of spare time I had to invest in making new codes for Black Ops. Aids also attempted to post his original codes on Hetoan2, but they tried to force him to do it THEIR way, and he got upset. He tried once more, got rejected, and then he seriously got pissed. This is when CodeLeakers began their campaign against the Wii scene, which would probably never have happened if they would have just researched and seen the potential danger in rejecting Aids posts the way they did and forcing their arrogance in his face.

I, on the other hand, had went about things with Hetoan2's procedures in a different manner and began to attempt helping people as I helped myself learn what I could about Wii coding. After some time went by and the pressure from CodeLeakers increased on the Wii community, people around Hetoan2's started getting very irritable, distrusting, and paranoid. They started calling everyone leakers, fighting over code credits, hiding codes from each other, and finding scapegoats to point fingers at. I noticed this early on, but thought I would be clear of the crossfire. That is, until I told everyone about my friendship with Aids. People began thinking I was "up to something" at Hetoan2's, and even started calling me a fake, and saying that I only made a code in order to gain VIP status.

This is when I decided it may be a good time to do something for everyone at once. Since I knew my opportunities to assist were about to be removed at Hetoan2's, I knew the best way to carry forth would be to create something newer and better for everyone to have together as a new centralized resource. I created NewHax. I never intended to "steal" his members, but merely to give them another option if they needed it. The intent of NewHax never was and never will be to be a community for one certain thing or idea. It is a learning center, a resource, a life of it's own. NewHax lives because of the people who use it and support it for those purposes, not because of people merely wanting codes or fame for making them.

I continued to take the Hetoan2 bullshit for a while, but only because I had developed real friendships with the people in his community. I wasn't there to cause harm to them or steal from them, only to learn and help people learn things. I was doing what the leader of that community should have been doing the whole time, which was CARING about people and the problems they have in regards to the Wii and codes. I began to slowly be outcasted, and decided it's time to move on once again. I flamed a few people I had put up with in the past, and said my good bye's. I even attempted to keep peace with Hetoan2, but his arrogance and distrust towards me was too much to bear.

When I split from his community, it seemed to confuse alot of people, some even took it as a sort of attack on him or something dirty. But it wasn't, and I never forced anyone to come here with me. We all came upon our own will and spirit, and we stay here because we want to, not because we have to. We will continue doing this and nobody is going to take this from us, it ours. I do not wish to be what you would call a "leader", or a "idol", or anything of that sort. At best you can consider me an elder who wishes to show you that if you don't like the way things are going, take the matter into your own hands and do something about it. You can do whatever you wish to do with enough work and motivation, don't ever be someone else's pawn.

To this day, me and Aids are still good friends and I admire him and his works, even though many may disagree with his Website's ethics. Hetoan2 may one day come to realize the truth about my motives and find it within himself to stop creating such diversity within the community he loves so much himself. As for NewHax, that's all up to US.
  3. Spectreis69

Spectreis69 New Member Member

I'm here cus dns was in [2i] and he's a total beast, beastier then the homoan, is a cool guy, active/entertaining xat chat. and doesnt ignore everyone who needs help, and i like the forums and i like being active, it's good stuff and a good way for all of us to get along and communicate. keep up the good work dns :D
  4. dns

dns Active Member Admin

Well what we really meant (and may need to edit and specify) by brought you "here" was this overall community in general. Not what brought you to NewHax, but what brought you into this entire scene. If you want to tell the whole story which eventually led you here then that is fine also though, but it's not to be misunderstood that we only want to know what brought you to NewHax.
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Active Member Member

I came into the Wii scene because a good friend of mine said that I should buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex so we could play together. I did and after a while started to get an interest in the Wii. I wanted to experience everything that the Wii had to offer so I modded it. At first it was about customization but I really started looking into the "hacking" scene

I found NewHax simply because Nuke47 had it as it "house" in the xat chat and I was curious. LOL sorry for my story on how I found NewHax not being as interesting
  6. Jok3r

Jok3r MC-Admin/Summoner Member

I wanted to try this because dns helped me along the way with my Wii problems...
    and now I am a hacker so he has helped me with that to!
    Thanks dns! :thumbsup:
  7. Brandon

Brandon Programmer Moderator

The first time i started playing reflex i went on gamebattles with a clan i was in and i evntually migrated to tg=toygunz there i met wick3d he wasent in the clan but he hacked for them i started talking to him and he taught me how to hack my wii and use codes he was kinda big on the leaking still is :P after that i left tg and it died went to psp and i left them for one reason they never said thankyou when i hacked for them never i got tired of it and wicked gave me the link to newhax and said id like it here so this are kinda the events that led up to me being here i love newhax Dns is the best :) later
  8. GodMike

GodMike Junior Member Member

I joined because there was alot of hype about this place. Now I see why , DNS is a great guy and he is doing a damn good job running this community
  9. Jok3r

Jok3r MC-Admin/Summoner Member

"damn good job" is right!
    He has collected a vast Wii audience and some media designers, Apple Techs, Coders, the whole "Sha-bang"
    Great job dns and thanks to everyone for keeping this community alive!
  10. -Insane.Dragon-

-Insane.Dragon- Junior Member Member

DNS brought meh here. And I like it! Great site!

...Selling codes is lame...
  11. Lucky96

Lucky96 New Member Member

sites dead...
  12. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

Except for the part where its not dead

Sent from my ADR6300
  13. Kanibull

Kanibull Junior Member Moderator

I have to be here because every site needs a token black guy

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
  14. dns

dns Active Member Admin

Sorry lucky, but slow != dead
  15. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

Lol dns this is a forum. Your not coding.

Sent from my ADR6300
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.