Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

[TuT] How to Add "Run" Command to Win 7 and Vista

Discussion in 'PC General' started by Sh0tGuN2197, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. Sh0tGuN2197

Sh0tGuN2197 *Shotty* Super-Mod

I know that I have always loved having this feature, since we had it in all previous versions (XP and below), and would like to have it back since it vanished in Vista and Windows 7. My favorite feature of the run dialog was the history function ;)

Even though I have gotten used to using the shortcut (WinKey + R) I would be happy to have this option in my start menu again. If you have not become accustomed to the Win + R shortcut, then you can follow these simple steps.

Well, first off your going to have to right-click the Start Button. From there select "Properties". In the properties menu, choose the "Customize..." button under "Start Menu".

[​IMG]

You will then be taken to the Start Menu Cutomization screen.

[​IMG]

Scroll down so you can find check the "Run Command" checkbox in the list, and you should now have that beloved run command once again:

[​IMG]
  2. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

or you can just type run in the windows search bar and hit enter
  3. Sh0tGuN2197

Sh0tGuN2197 *Shotty* Super-Mod

I do that also, but that does take a while longer seeing as how it has to search for it. I just figured it would be nice to have the button O.o
  4. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

you dont need to let it search, even if you do if too fast for any result to show it will try to run "run.exe"
    in system32 or where ever your system files are.

the search bar acts as run also
  5. Death

Death Junior Member Member

omg thanks shot! ive been wondering how to run "run" lol
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.