Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Some android necessities

Discussion in 'Android News [Feed]' started by Kanibull, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. Kanibull

Kanibull Junior Member Moderator

Here are just a few of my most used apps on my android phone. This may help a new user decide what apps to download first.

Adobe flash player - this one is pretty self explanatory

Andchat - one of my favorite irc apps. Its well made and has most of the commands I need.

Tapatalk - makes accessing and posting things from my phone much easier and encourages me to do it more lol

Skype - cuz I gotta stay in contact with my Skype peeps

Textplus - free texting because I don't like to pay for things

Music - this may be a little common but I actually get the music from the market made by Google so that I can use my Google music account to stream music

Tweetdeck - one of the best free twitter apps in my opinion

Adw launcher - I use this because I like to customize my home a lil and its a lot faster than stock

Fancy Widgets - gives me the weather, date, and time in a nice looking widget

Battery left - after you calibrate the widget, it will tell you how much time you actually have left before your battery dies

Metamorph - for on the fly theming

Ninjamorph - for more intricate theming

Mybackup root - my new favorite backup app. Backups everything from SMS messages to playlists in your music app along with 1 click app backup and restore.

Dropbox - best file sharing site on my phone? Yesplz

SD speed increase - sets aside an amount of space to cache some of your SD card which increases read/write speeds

Setcpu - this is a great app for overclocking if your phone/kernel allows it, underclocking, and setting profiles for your CPU speed. Allows you to also monitor CPU usage.

Friendcaster - a very good alternative to the official Facebook app.

Androzip - great file manager app with the ability to open damn near every file type(well atleast everyone I've used)

Root explorer - this is also a file explorer but with an ability androzip lacks. This one allows you to browse anywhere in the phone. That includes the system files(with root access)

YouTube - Google's official YouTube app. Allows you to upload and view videos. Its pretty great.

Maps - Google's official maps app. Its accurate. Its free. Its useful. Its free

Gmail - Google's official mail app. Only supports gmail, but I'm sure u gots one of those

Voice search - great if you don't like typing or if you want to try to impress people with your phone

Dolphin browser HD - its like Firefox on your phone. Fast. Has many plugins to get shit done.

Dolphin browser mini - a smaller dolphin browser for phone that may not have enough power for the HD or if u just don't need all the features of HD but want more features than stock gives you

Well that's what I have for now. I will be updating this periodically when I find more apps that may be useful. Feel free to also post apps you guys like and ill add them to the list

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
  2. Sh0tGuN2197

Sh0tGuN2197 *Shotty* Super-Mod

Very nice post. I like t :D now I need an android xD
  3. Kanibull

Cool lemme know if u need help deciding.

4. Sh0tGuN2197

Sh0tGuN2197 *Shotty* Super-Mod

Alright. If the time ever comes, I will.

I do have one quick question though. Is there like a "Jailbreak" for android?
  5. Kanibull

Well since android is already open source since it is Linux based so there is no need for a jailbreak. What we have is called superuser access (or root). That is like having admin powers on your windows PC. It allows you to use certain apps in the market and in all gives you complete controll over your device. From the way it looks to the way the kernel makes it run.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.