Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Help!!! with theme fail (has to do with uxtheme.old issue)

Discussion in 'PC General' started by Jok3r, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. Jok3r

Jok3r MC-Admin/Summoner Member

Ok so what I have done is tried to install a theme on my other computer, my new one!
    Price=900$
    RAM=4GB
    Processor=AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.20GHz
    Windows=Vista Home Premium
    Desktop

Yea!
    this computer is kind of important to me... so if anyone can help please leave a comment with any advice if this has happened to you, oh ya guess I kinda gatta tell you eh?!? lol

Ok here is my story...
    The site I went to gave me instructions to rename the following dll files extensions to old...
    1.)uxtheme
    2.)themeui
    3.)shsvcs
    (heres the site btw) CLICK HERE!
    and now When I log into a user/guest I get my desktop with a beige color and no icons/taskbar, I also cant even do CTRL+ALT+DEL
    theres not dialog, I cant do anything!
    Shotgun has suggested putting my harddrive in another computer as a secondary and renaming them again, let me know if that would work!
  2. Cojoe

Cojoe GM Member

All i have to say is use trusted sites..

and ur computer is poop.. no ad fence
  3. dns

dns Active Member Admin

Joker try to do a system restore. Since it's a brand new computer its first restore point should be for when the OS was installed, use that one. It should fix the problem since those are system files. If not, speak with me later I might can help you out.
  4. Jok3r

Jok3r MC-Admin/Summoner Member

I made a back-up of it after I had all my programs so but I didn't need a recover I just went into safe-mode with CMD and renamed the files from CMD and rebooted!
    and to think I was freaking out! Hahahahahaaaa, Ill make a tut on how to fix this issue tho!
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.