Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Hackers Are People Too 2008

Discussion in 'Forum Chatter' started by vettacossx-alpha, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. vettacossx-alpha

vettacossx-alpha Midnight Mage Member

Hackers Are People Too

Hackers Are People Too

CLICK THUMBNAIL PIC TO WATCH
    [​IMG]

Description:
    Hackers Are People Too is a documentary exploring the history and culture of individuals commonly know as “hackers.” The film sets out to debunk the myth of hackers as these sort of nefarious cyber-criminals and paint a more sympathetic picture of them as intelligent, respectable and hardworking citizens. The argument this film makes is that the strong majority of hackers are, in a sense, consumer advocates/watchdogs in the world of technology, constantly challenging companies to make better products, and in turn expediting and advancing technology as a whole. Where the film falls short is this almost Utopian vision of the hacker community we are given, where the only drama the director seems to find is a lack of women in the field.

Overall this was a satisfying glimpse into a world I don’t know much about. The editing was crisp and the characters all seemed to speak freely and naturally, the sign of a talented director. The film runs in at about 45 minutes, but doesn’t feel too short. Most of the footage obtained is from a recent Defcon conference, which is an annual conference where hackers convene for a big tech fair and party. I would recommend this film to just about anyone. It was fun, full of colorful characters and really interesting. 4 out of 5 stars.​
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.