Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Ghost: Recon Future Soldier Delay & Chrono Trigger Returns!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming general' started by vettacossx-alpha, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. vettacossx-alpha

vettacossx-alpha Midnight Mage Member

[video=youtube;BcsjP1CEjJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsjP1CEjJ4[/video]

Ubisoft has announced that its next installment of the Ghost Recon series has been pushed back once again.

Speaking during their investor conference call following its 2010-2011 financial report, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said that Ghost Recon: Future Solider has been delayed to avoid competition in the crowded holiday landscape.

“It will be released in fiscal Q4 as we want first to have the best quality possible, as well as to avoid the very crowded Christmas landscape in the shooter genre.” Wait, is it just me or did I heard that same exact reasoning before? In a bit of deja vu, Guillemot's statement is almost similar to what they've stated last year when they decided to delay the game, to avoid the stiff competition from other FPS titles coming out in the same period. "Due to a very competitive environment we've decided to move the game out of the Christmas quarter into the march quarter," he said. "It will also provide more time to our development teams to realise their ambition."

The game was originally scheduled to come out in April 2010, then later pushed backed for a holiday timeframe of that year before it was delayed for this month. Now, Ghost Recon fans will have to wait for Q1 of 2012 before they can finally grab hold of the game.

Via: [IGN]​
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.