Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Backtrack 5 issues?

Discussion in 'Linux General' started by dns, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. dns

dns Active Member Admin

Has any of you noticed an issue when using fasttrack with metasploit inside of BT5? I had to do quite a few edits to make it work properly..
  2. Sh3ll

Sh3ll New Member Member

No, Backtrack 5 R1, Is my main Os right now. If you do have any problems maybe you installed it wrong, or maybe you should try updating/installing all the packages.
  3. dns

dns Active Member Admin

It wasn't R1 it was before that. But it wasn't an issue with the OS itself, just a couple of programs in it. Can't remember exactly what it was now, this thread is from August bro lol..
    I think it was something to do with metasploit and some sql tool.

Edit: Actually yeah now that I read the original post it was FastTrack. I think metasploit had just updated there coding and fasttrack wasn't working properly with it. But I fixed it fairly easily from what I remember. (Sorry, kinda tired right now.)
  4. Death

Death Junior Member Member

i have the BT5 .ISO, but the usb drive i have with me is too small, and i have no blank cd/dvds are there any other ways of installing it? thanks
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Active Member Member

I use VMware Workstation but I have no wifi adapter :(
  6. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

use virtualbox
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Active Member Member

I thought that the wifi adapter was needed for backtrack in general, not the program that you use to run it.
  8. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

depends what you use it for
  9. dns

dns Active Member Admin

What would the point be in having backtrack with no internet connection on it?
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.